Our firm of accountants initially was formed by taking over the branch office of Charleville- based Collins Butler & Associates who dealt mainly in farm accounts.
Fergus Blake, Agricultural Consultant/Associate
Our Charleville office is situated right in the heartland of the Golden Vale, not far from where the Co-Op movement was founded. Accordingly, farming is very close to our roots and we are very aware of the developments within the farming sector and conscious of the fact that a large portion of our initial business came from farming and farming related activity.
Our firm of accountants initially was formed by taking over the branch office of Charleville- based Collins Butler & Associates who dealt mainly in farm accounts. In 1998 we formed an alliance with Fergus Blake who now shares offices with us in Charleville and runs a separate agricultural consultancy business. Therefore, under one roof, it is possible to get a full package of services for farming including the following;
- Farm taxation
- Farm accounts
- Farm inheritance tax management
- All E.U. and national farm schemes including REPS and Farm Grants.
- Planning permission for agricultural structures
- Compulsory purchase negotiations
- Legal support service for litigation cases and loss of earnings.
- Approved department of Agriculture agents for REPS farm advisory service and farm grants.
- Farm management advice and consultancy
- Fergus Blake is also an auctioneer and accordingly he is in a position to offer advice with regard to valuation of properties and preparing properties for sale.
- Helping young trained farmers coming up and putting structures together to facilitate the natural succession on the farm.
- Offer help with complicated matters arising out of separation and divorce.
- Advice in relation to leasing of farmlands and taxation benefits and opportunities in this area.
- Advice in relation to milk quotas.
- Looking at the logic on forming a limited company for certain areas within the farming sector and employing family members on the farm.
- Experience in relation to revenue audit matters and are in a position to deal with key sensitive taxation issues that are subjected to revenue audit type of queries.
Dave Bartley Financial Services Associate.
BMC Financial Planning was formed by the amalgamation of Dave Bartley Financial Services and Murray Cloney and Associates Life and Pensions in 2007. Our team, at BMC Financial Planning, look forward to using our expertise and professional knowledge as both Senior Qualified Financial Advisors, Accountants and Tax Auditors, to help you find a balance between looking after your financial needs today and into the future.
Dave Bartley, QFA FLIA, is a qualified financial advisor and is a member of the Life Insurance Association. He is a native of Fermoy. Dave has over 30 years experience working in the Financial Services Business and he mainly specializes in providing professional financial advice and wealth management to both private individuals and corporate businesses.